TPS Calendar of Events
Image © National Geographic
04-27-13 Call for Entries for TPS's 26th Annual Members' Only Show posted. The juror is Elizabeth Krist, Senior Photo Editor for National Geographic.
05-17-13 Sports at A Smith Gallery in Johnson City thru June 29, artists reception June 29, 4p-7p.
06-05-13 Options Gallery.
In the Learning Resources Center at Odessa College. 432-335-6497. Select images from TPS 22: The International Competition, thru August 9, 2013.
06-28-13 TPS 21: International Competition closes at TCC Photo Gallery in Longview.
07-12-13 Entries for TPS's 26th Annual Members' Only Show are due in San Antonio.
09-13-13 TPS's 26th Annual Members' Only Show opens at Islander Art Gallery, Corpus Christi thru October 13.
12-01-13 Center for Contemporary Arts. 325-677-8389. TPS 22: The International Competion, December 2013 and January 2014.
Upcoming Members' Exhibits & Events
Image © Martha Grenon [Austin, TX]
The Light Room Gallery.
2024 Wallace Street. 215-765-0262. Stephen Perloff [Langehorn, PA]: Unseen Color, Part II, thru June 16, 2013.
Minneapolis Photo Center. 2400 N 2nd St., #200. 612-643-3511. Martha Grenon's [Austin] Making Mantija, Stanterg, Kosovo will be featured in the exhibit Home: Where We Live, thru June 23, 2013.
Photographs Do Not Bend Gallery. 1202 Dragon St, Suite 103. 214-969-1852. Scene of the Crime II, thru June 22, 2013. Group Show, thru August 3, 2013.
TX, Dallas. Valley House Gallery. 6616 Spring Valley Road. 75254. 972-239-2441. David M. Gibson [Dallas], Mist Poems, thru July 6.
More Members' Exhibits.
Upcoming Members' Workshops
Image © Susan Burnstine [Los Angeles, CA]
• Creative iPhone Photography
with Karen Divine [Boulder, CO].
• The Color of Light with Arthur Meyerson [Houston].
• The Art of Seeing with Elizabeth Opalenik [Oakland, CA].
• Photography and Personal Vision Workshops Karen Schulman [Steamboat Springs, CO], June 30 - July 6th.
• Wet-Plate Collodion Positives Monty McCutchen [Asheville, NC] at Penland School of Crafts, July 7 - 19th.
More Members' Workshops.
Recent Members' News
Image © Kenny Braun [Austin, TX]
• Stephen Perloff [Langehorn, PA] was featured in Stephen Perloff: Unseen Color, Part II at The Light Room Gallery in Philadelphia, PA.
• Elliott McDowell [Santa Fe, NM] opened a new studio, with his new website launching in June 2013.
• Tom Chambers [Richmond, VA] is part of a group show Odyssey curated by Bo Lee Gallery London (UK) and Have a Nice Day! at Gilman Contemporary,
• John Sevigny [Chicago, IL] has started an online portfolio of his photographs.
• Kenny Braun's [Austin] photograph was selected for the May 2013 cover of Texas Monthly: The Hidden Coast.
• Adrienne Defendi [Palo Alto, CA] had an image featured in the 6th Annual International Juried Plastic Camera Show in San Francisco, CA.
• Bill Vaccaro's [Chicago, IL] series The Things She Left Behind has recently been featured on the Plates to Pixels website.
Lori Ann Scott [Spicewood] is currently featured online in Cowboy Poetry Magazine.
• NPR published an online article about Frank Hamrick's [Ruston, LA] photography and handmade books as part of a week long focus on southern photographers.
• George Gati [Poughquaq, NY] was recently accepted into several exhibits and won 2nd prize at the 2012 National Open All Media show at the Petersburg Regional Art Center, Petersburg, VA.
• Bill Vaccaro's [Chicago, IL] Hell Is Real, was published in December 2012 in The Economist magazine as a special double issue on Hell.
• Michael DeYoung [Taos, NM] is featured in the January/February 2013 issue of Outdoor Photographer magazine.
• David Keenan [Austin] has launched a new Facebook group entitled: Photography That Doesn't Suck.
• Linda Hirsch [Wayland, MA] had her most recent (3rd live) Radio Sefarad interview.
• Rania Matar's [Brookline, MA] portfolio A Girl and Her Room was recently featured in M Le Magazine du Monde.
More Members' News.