I have often thought that if photography were difficult in the true sense of the term--meaning that the creation of a simple photograph would entail as much time and effort as the production of a good watercolor or etching--there would be a vast improvement in total output. The sheer ease with which we can produce a superficial image often leads to creative disaster.
- 08-03 TPS 21: The International Competition opens at A Smith Gallery, Johnson City, Texas
- 08-25 Artist Reception from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- 08-26 Show closes at A Smith Gallery. Exhibition will then tour Texas for one year.
Upcoming Member Workshops
- San Marcos, TX • The Wittliff Collections • Artists reception, program, and book signing The Shadows: Photograms by Kate Breakey, [Tucson, AZ] August 27, 7:00pm.
- Dallas, TX• Photographs Do Not Bend Gallery • Big Bend Photographs by Jack Ridley, thru September 1.
- Carmel, CA • Center for Photographic Art • Kim Weston [Carmel, CA]: Painted Photographs, thru September 1.
Check Out These Members' Web Sites